torsdag 24. mars 2011

My second Vancouver visit

Day 1, Wednesday, March 23rd 2001
I left my house in Norway for work on Tuesday March 22nd..and then went to Oslo after work to stay overnight at Gardemoen Airport Hotel as my flight was leaving early next morning, at 7:50 AM..eek.

I got up at 4:40 AM on March 23rd. Had breakfast, went to the airport, checked in and had plenty of time to wait at the airport as both check in and security for some reason went by REALLY fast. Guess not many did travel at this time of year on a Wednesday morning! So when the time came to board my flight I got on board, sat down and ended up to a lady who's a big Bon Jovi fan AND a Backstage With Jon Bon Jovi member lol. Small world, she was going to Cancun, Mexico so she had a LONGGGGG flight ahead of her after changing flights at Heathrow airport in London. I had a few hrs to wait at that airport before bording my Vancouver flight.

The flight itself was nice..hardly any turbulence at all..the young couple across the aisle from me had some major bad luck with spilling beer and something else...unintentionally. LOL

I landed, and again surprisingly hardly any line to get thru immigration at YVR (the Vancouver International Airport) and didn't even get stopped at customs, I guess they saw in my passport I have been here before lol. They only had a few questions for me at immigration: How long was I gonna be in Vancouver? Personal or business trip and where I was staying, then asked me how I got to know my friends here...I answered without any problems of course..the lady said have a nice visit and on I went. I had to wait for a bit at baggage claim though and got worried that my suitcase had gone missing. Luckily it did not. Then it was time to get to downtown Vancouver and as usual the Canada Line was a trusted ally hehe. I got off at Vancouver City Centre station and walked down West Georgia street and found my hotel. Checked in..waited for my friend Katie (Vampirefreak101 on twitter) to arrive as she was spending her last night in Vancouver with me.

She came to my hotel around 6 AM and we walked around for a bit, had some Tex Mex food at a place I ate at on my last Vancouver visit. Then we went to the City Centre Plaza hotel, right across the streed from Sheraton Wall Centre hotel where her friend were staying. They had a HUGE room there..was like a suite and a great view to the Sheraton Wall Centre hotel. We chatted there for a bit and then my jetlag got the best of me so it was time to leave. We got back at my hotel around 10:30 PM I think and I just had to go to bed. I slept OK enough I guess but woke up now and then, Katie had to get up around 4 AM cos she was leaving EARLY as hell with her friends to Squarmish to try to find some Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn filming sites...I think she'll blog about that on her blog how it went.

Day 2, Thursday March 24th 2011
Got up at around 9 AM..and I had 2 things to do on my schedule this morning: breakfast and sorting out my Rogers Pay as you go sim card that I got the last time I was in Vancouver. I was afraid it had been discontinued or disabled as it's been so long since I last used it. The guy at the store helped me out and was surpised to see it was still active. Just didn't have any credit on it. I was not suprised of course lol. After that was checked out I got to the closest 7/11 store to get a voucher for my PAYG card. I put $100 in it and after a bit back and forth with not getting my phone to work with the internet I got more help at another Rogers store and now got a $45 data plan that will be renewed in 30 days unless I cancel it before I go home (wich I will do).

The guy at the first Rogers store I went to was a Bon Jovi fan LOL. He had planned to go see one of the shows but never got around to buy tix..told him there might be tix still avaliable so check on Ticketmaster.ca for it hehe.

Then I headed off to Robson Street, and my only intention was to well by a couple of tops..I ended up buying like 7 of them and FINALLY got a new pair of Sketcher's Shape Ups as the pair I had gotten in NYC last year got stolen from me. Now I got a black pair..yay! Same price as in US too. Here are the pics of my purchases LOL:

My Espirit tops:





My new Sketchers Shape Ups sneakers



My Tommy Hilfigers tops






And finally a Tommy Hilfigers belt LOL


So after visting the Tommy Hilfiger and Espirit shop on Robson Street I have had enough with shopping and went to have lunch at Round Robin I believe the place was called. There one of the waitresses chatted with me cos she asked where I was from and I was suddenly very interesting to talk to LOL!

So am now back in my hotel, updating this blog that hasn't been updated in what feels like forever, sadly no pics yet though but that will come. I promise!

What tonight will bring I am not sure about but for now the stay has started out nicely. My hotel is literally next door to Rogers Arena. Not walked down there yet but I thought I'd do that shortly and snap some pics...then I'll see what tonight brings...

2 kommentarer:

  1. YAY, Maryann! I'm so glad you've made it safely and already have a productive trip, hehe. I really hope to meet up with you tomorrow or Saturday -- I'm staying with a friend from Japan and I'm sure we'll walk around Saturday. I fly in tomorrow evening. See you soon! :)

    SvarSlett